moderated Re: 'No email' attribute ignored on 'file' hashtag #bug

On Thu, Jun 18, 2020 at 06:15 AM, Andy Wedge wrote:
I had 'no email' specified but an email was still sent to my test subgroup.
Andy, do you mean actual emails were sent out to group members, or do you mean that a message was sent to the subgroup? "No email" just means (for a normal hashtag) that the messages in the tagged topic are sent only to the web archive and don't go out as individual emails.

The whole "no email" issue on notification hashtags is problematic. I'm proposing (as in my last message, in the other thread) that that setting, and other inappropriate settings, be eliminated by the system on notification hashtags altogether, or at least turned off by default.