moderated Re: New notifications #update

Mark,

I'm not sure whether you're still following the other thread on this, but since you're asking for suggestions: Thomas helped me determine that if you're private browsing in FF, that's when you get the "notifications not available on this browser" message. So if that can't be changed/fixed, I think the wording should at least be changed to reflect the reason, if possible. And if the reason is not immediately known in any individual case, I think there should be Help documentation to the effect that private browsing disables notifications.

Good question about what to do about 10 edits in a short period of time. Maybe there should be options for each kind of notification about whether to group them or not. I would not want individual notices for wiki edits by the same user, but I'd want them for photo uploads, for example.