moderated New notifications #update

Hi All,

I just pushed the following changes:

  • Creating or modifying a wiki page now generates a #wiki notification, sent to the group.
  • Uploading photos to an album now generates #photo notification, sent to the group.
  • The existing file notification now comes tagged with a #file hashtag.
  • The Notify Members checkbox when uploading files is now checked by default, in preparation for removing it at some point.

Please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions. One thing I'm curious about is whether I need to aggregate these notifications if they are generated within a certain limited time period. That is, if someone does 10 edits of the same wiki page in 5 minutes, should those just generate one notification (after 5 minutes). This would cause a delay on when the notification is sent out while we wait to see if any more changes happen. I'm curious to know if that will be a common occurrence.

Thanks, Mark