moderated Re: New notifications proposal #misc

Andy Wedge

Hi Shal,

On Wed, Jun 17, 2020 at 06:12 PM, Shal Farley wrote:

I agree that the bell icon is a commonly used method of altering users to notifications. I'm not sure it that would be classed as a push notification though ...

Correct, it is not the push notification - that's something separate.

Yes, it was sort of a rhetorical statement/question.

Presumably in the mobile app the push notifications would go to the device's notification display mechanism, whatever that is.

I would hope so too. The notifications from the mobile Chrome and Firefox browsers I have on my phone show in the same manner as all the other apps I have. Interestingly, if I login using the default Samsung mobile browser (Internet) and enable notifications for that, it gets listed as Android - Chrome on my Account > Notifications screen.

Cheers,
Andy