toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
1. + 3.: I think they’re not relevant for notifications. I tried popup blocker on or off in my Firefox, and notifications worked in both cases. I haven’t tested „do not track“ but that shouldn’t really affect notifications.
2. - YES! I just tested it - when I use private browsing, the notification settings page says „notifications are not supported in this browser“. When I use not private, it works.
No idea why your Firefox always starts in private mode.
In the cogniscenti's esteemed opinions here, could any of the following be what's making groups.io
say that my Firefox browser doesn't support notifications?
1. In my FF privacy settings, "Send websites a “Do Not Track” signal that you don’t want to be tracked" is set to "Always"
2. I always use private windows in Firefox, for some reason (when I open a new window, it automatically is a private window - for some reason, I can't easily figure out how to change this, but could figure it out if this could be the issue)
3. Block pop-up windows is enabled (actually I tried unchecking that but it had no effect, so this one is doubtful)
Messages are the sole opinion of the author, especially the fishy ones.
My humanity is bound up in yours, for we can only be human together. - Desmond Tutu