moderated Re: New notifications proposal #misc

Bruce Bowman

On Wed, Jun 17, 2020 at 01:12 PM, Shal Farley wrote:
The push notification appears as a transitory pop-up. Now that I've finally enabled it, it shows in the lower right corner of my primary desktop window, above the time and date in the tool bar (the same place new mail notifications from Thunderbird appear). The pop-up appears regardless of whether my browser has focus at the time.
Aha! So I was confused (which is not surprising).

I was looking for the notification to arrive in the browser toolbar. Instead, it arrives in the desktop taskbar.

Having turned on notifications in both places, I am now receiving them.

Thanks Shal,
Bruce