moderated Re: Web notifications now enabled #update

Bruce Bowman

On Tue, Jun 16, 2020 at 02:45 AM, Shal Farley wrote:
I'm with you. Although I see the new UI controls (drop-list for moderator notifications, checkbox for hashtags) I don't see any hint of notifications, even when I deliberately take an action that should provoke one.

I checked Firefox's exclusion list for sites where I've blocked notifications, Groups.io was not in that list. I've now added it as Allowed. I turned off Cortana's hiding of notifications because it thought I had a window full screen somewhere.
I'm stuck, too.

I think I have notifications enabled (see screenshot) but somehow it's still not happening.

W10 64-bit with Chrome Version 83.0.4103.97.

Another thought:  Hashtags are only created for a group as they begin to appear in group emails. If they are to be the primary means of managing notifications, this suggests that there's no way to be proactive about it. Hashtag by hashtag, you have to wait until that first email is posted before the corresponding "push" notification can be turned on.

But maybe I'm missing some fine point, because I'm pretty confused about this new feature.

Regards,
Bruce