moderated Re: New notifications proposal #misc

Andy Wedge

On Wed, Jun 17, 2020 at 08:34 AM, Shal Farley wrote:
With the "bell" display pattern I think one in the top-bar that shows a sum over all memberships, plus one in the left nav pane (just above or below Messages) for those specific to a given group, would be good.
I agree that the bell icon is a commonly used method of altering users to notifications. I'm not sure it that would be classed as a push notification though and it probably wouldn't be the attention grabber (especially on mobile devices) that it seems was the intention. Aren't these initial changes part of an overhaul that paves the way for release of the long-awaited mobile apps?

Regards,
Andy