moderated Re: Web notifications now enabled #update

Mark,

All these years I’ve been thinking that the planned “notification overhaul” I’ve been fantasizing about, and eagerly awaiting, would consist of including more information as possible notification options - e,g., “sent message to member,” and all the other many notifications that are “missing” and have been requested. I didn’t think that the overhaul would consist of the notification *method*. I thought it was going to be about *content*. So while I have no objection (at least so far;) to this new method besides the fact that it’s initially confusing, I am still hoping that you also plan to add notification content. Is that a correct assumption?

On Jun 15, 2020, at 8:56 PM, J_Catlady via groups.io <j.olivia.catlady@...> wrote:

Ok. If it’s not only for mobile, I would change that wording.

Beyond that, I believe this whole thing is going to confuse many, if not most, users. It will  definitely need some solid user instructions, preferably mostly on the site.

On Jun 15, 2020, at 8:41 PM, Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:

On Mon, Jun 15, 2020 at 7:37 PM J_Catlady <j.olivia.catlady@...> wrote:
I think I missed the word "push," so this is only available for mobile at this point. I typically don't use mobile for groups.io so I'll just have to wait for what I'm hoping/assuming is the notification overhaul for non-mobile?

It's not for mobile (or at least not only for mobile). It's mainly for desktop (and won't work at all on IOS yet). I'm not sure why it's not showing up in your Firefox. You may need to go into the Mac Settings app and allow notifications for Firefox.