moderated Re: Web notifications now enabled #update

On Mon, Jun 15, 2020 at 6:36 PM Bruce Bowman <bruce.bowman@...> wrote:

Mark -- I'm still confused...or perhaps I should say, more confused than normal. :-)

Although I've just enabled it (Chrome/W10), I'm still not seeing any function by which to receive or retrieve a "web push notification." How is this implemented? Will there be an icon with a number (like FB) to click on, a banner notice, a new filter for the activity log, or ???.

No, there's no notifications center or red badge of unread notifications. Your desktop browser has the capability to display notifications (if you've configured it as such). This is just a way for your browser to send you notifications. Do you ever go to a website and it pops up a dialog box asking if you'd like to be sent notifications about updates? This is that, but less obnoxious.