moderated Re: "moderate all messages of every topic this person starts" threads not showing moderated icon #bug #fixed

Andy Wedge

On Sun, Jun 7, 2020 at 04:33 PM, Chris Jones wrote:
I have just conducted a test elsewhere and found results not consistent with observations made so far.
I've gone back and looked at this again and found my test subgroup was set to "All messages are moderated" (maybe a hangover from a previous test) so in this case the group setting seemed to take precedence over the member "Override: moderate all messages of every topic this person starts" setting and I ended up with no moderated icon on the topic and the Moderate Topic option available.

I removed the "All messages are moderated" group setting (leaving just Restricted Membership) and posted a message from my 'member' account that has "Override: moderate all messages of every topic this person starts" set. This time, the message was moderated and when released, the topic was moderated and showed the moderated icon.

I then unmoderated the topic using my 'owner' account and posted a second message to the same topic from my 'member' account which went straight through to the group archive. So, now I have a situation where a member account has a posting privilege with a description that contains the text "moderate all messages" and that isn't happening - somewhat confusing and contradictory I think.

If the description was changed to "Override: moderate every topic this person starts" (J's suggestion) it would more accurately reflect what happens in this situation.  I guess a clarification could be made about whether moderation was applied to the topic after the first post was published to the group archive or not by adding a suffix  "Override: moderate every topic this person starts (including the first message)".

Andy