moderated Re: "moderate all messages of every topic this person starts" threads not showing moderated icon #bug #fixed

That issue is not specific to this bug or this posting status and is a question about moderated topics in general. Maybe take it to GMF?

On Jun 7, 2020, at 8:20 AM, Chris Jones via groups.io <chrisjones12@...> wrote:

On Sun, Jun 7, 2020 at 02:46 AM, J_Catlady wrote:
A member of my group is on "moderate every message of every topic this person starts" but the topics aren't showing the "moderated" icon.
Although I was aware of the moderation options under discussion I have no personal experience of either, and thus have "no skin in this game".

To me the precise wording of the options seems clear enough, but I would agree that there being no "Moderated" icon against the topic does seem a bit odd.

I also find myself wondering how the use of the "moderate all messages..." option appears to those members who operate by email, which (anecdotally) is most of them. I suspect that the messages sent by Groups.io have no clue in them that the topic is fully moderated, in this case by virtue of the identity of the person who started it.

In a generally unmoderated group members will be accustomed to seeing their posts "come back" more or less immediately after they have sent them. If, however, they respond to a topic that is fully moderated there will be a delay of indeterminate length before their message is actually posted and the associated email dispatched. Do they find themselves sitting there wondering "where has my post gone"? In the absence of any flag either on the web UI or within the dispatched emails I would have expected that they would do exactly that, with accompanying head - scratching.

Has anyone got any practical experience of this, either way?

Asking for a friend and all that... :)

Chris