moderated Re: Email Logging Omission #bug

Chris Jones

On Fri, Jun 5, 2020 at 09:15 AM, Chris Jones wrote:
FWIW ISTR that there is a similar gap in the delivery logging if a moderator sends an email to a member from the web UI; the message is logged for the member but not for the copy addressees.
I'll retract that, but the overall situation remains somewhat confusing. I have carried out a number of tests with the following results:

A Rejected Message notification is recorded in the Activity log, but does not appear in the Email Delivery History of either the person whose message was rejected or the moderators to whom it was copied.

A Message to Member is not recorded in the Activity log but does appear in the Email Delivery History of the member concerned and those of the moderators to whom a copy is sent.

Mark; is there a reason for the different logging methods? While admitting that the time window for any investigation can be limited by only the most recent message to someone being visible, on the face of it it is a bit perverse that the different types of message are logged differently.

Is the support address still only handling queries from paid groups or has it been broadened? Obviously my problem with copies of rejection messages not being sent to me is hardly one for beta; having said that while rejection copies don't appear, copies of Messages to Members do.

Curiouser and curiouser, said Alice...

Chris