moderated Re: Email Logging Omission #bug

Chris Jones

On Thu, Jun 4, 2020 at 11:47 PM, J_Catlady wrote:
But the email delivery history [sic] contains only the last message received. Right? Isn't it possible other messages were received after the rejection notification?
Knowing (or at least strongly suspecting) that there was some sort of problem I checked my own and other moderators' delivery histories less than a couple of minutes after I ought to have received my own copy of the rejection notification. Of course there ws nothing logged.

I agree that the very limited snapshot of email deliveries (other than recent bounces) can be a bit frustrating but being able to carry out an immediate check was useful. What took rather longer was being able to verify that other moderators had received their copies... several hours in fact.

FWIW ISTR that there is a similar gap in the delivery logging if a moderator sends an email to a member from the web UI; the message is logged for the member but not for the copy addressees. There is not a problem if all the copies are correctly delivered but if one isn't then questions arise...

Chris