moderated Re: safari warns groups.io certificate expired, site "may be impersonating" groups.io etc. #misc

Ominously, I just got the same "this connection is not private... impersonation" yada yada  message on my brand-new (< 1 month old) iPhone, after clicking on a wapo link that had been sent to me in an email. It happened just once but does not bode well.