moderated Re: safari warns groups.io certificate expired, site "may be impersonating" groups.io etc. #misc

I have no problem using an alternative browser, either, and have been using Firefox for groups.io during this issue. It is still convenient to use safari sometimes, if not for groups.io then for some other sites.

On Jun 2, 2020, at 8:08 PM, dave w <groupsmaster@...> wrote:

On Tue, Jun 2, 2020 at 07:29 AM, J_Catlady wrote:
It's clear now that it's my old version of Safari (forced on me by my old OS) that's causing my problem.
Group- To be contrary, both my MacBook and OS are older than those cited.
And I have no problem whatsoever using an alternative browser.
The 'condition' of using Safari is the concern- while it can't be erased, I'd suggest it can be ignored.
And that from a 30 year 'fanboy' who's done my time troublshooting and supporting a heck of a lot of other local Mac users, mostly for free!
regards dave