moderated Re: The ability to resize all uploaded Photos, or even a a single Photo #suggestion

Paul Fox

I need to report back to my group about our Photos situation.

Can I ask (and I guess this is directed directly at Mark) what the
probability is of either one of these two things happening, sometime,
say, in the next few months?
1) Some sort of online photo resizing feature is implemented, as
discussed in this thread. (Solutions involving a one-time
payment included.)
or
2) Basic (free) group Photo storage is (at least) doubled.

Our (Wheeler and Wilson Sewing Machines) current situation is this:
- Our group is currently over limit, and even the very cumbersome
download/re-upload trick can't be used because even after
deleting the original, the Add button is still grayed out.
- A downloaded copy of our Photo archive takes 1.2G. If I bulk
resize that collection to 1024x1024, it takes just .25G, or
20% of its former space.
- The group was formed in 2013, so it took 7 years to collect
that many photos. We could go on as normal for a very long
time if we could resize, or if storage was increased even
modestly.

Our other option, of course, is to start paying. Almost more than the
cost, it's that the logistics of having to solicit the funds from the
members every year seems daunting to me. The donations feature seems
like it should help, but I'm not really interested in setting up
a back account and Swipe account. Is there a way to use the Donations
feature to have donations go directly to groups.io on behalf of a
given group's annual fee?

paul

paul fox, pgf@foxharp.boston.ma.us (arlington, ma, where it's 58.8 degrees)