moderated Re: Add a built-in PDF and Doc previewer for the Files section? #suggestion

Duane

On Tue, May 26, 2020 at 11:24 AM, Bart Fried wrote:
It would be very useful to be able to preview these files prior to downloading them.
That's a common misconception.  In order to be viewed on your screen, the file is downloaded, at least part of it.  All modern browsers that I'm aware of have a way to view PDF files.  It's much more complicated for DOC files because there are so many possible formats and versions behind the scenes.  (With a good title and a proper description, I never need to preview to know what's in a file before downloading.)