moderated Add a built-in PDF and Doc previewer for the Files section? #suggestion

Bart Fried

One of my groups is starting to use the Files section for a 'library' of catalogs. Most are uploaded as either PDF files and occasionally Word Doc files. It would be very useful to be able to preview these files prior to downloading them. This is a function that is found in Google's suite of products and in many other sites on the Web. From what I can tell, it is a relatively common function. In its most extreme form of usefulness, the PDF files are automatically OCR'd.

I imagine that this would be useful for all groups.

Bart