moderated Re: Rejecting messages without a subject line #suggestion

This has been hashed and rehashed an rerehashed in the past and the decision was made to thread topics based on subject line as well, because sometimes they were not threading correctly otherwise. I think that was the right decision and it should stay as is. This is going off on a tangent .

On May 23, 2020, at 9:31 AM, Malcolm Austen <malcolm.austen@...> wrote:

On 23/05/2020 17:25:59, ro-esp <ro-esp@...> wrote:

On Sat, May 23, 2020 at 05:05 PM, Malcolm Austen wrote:

> Emails are (or should be) threaded on the basis of the threading headers,
> not on the basis of the subject line.

I disagree. If you change the subjectline, it's your intention to create a new thread.
Malcolm Austen:

I argue the converse. If you want to start a new topic, you should compose a new message. It should be permissible to correct a typo in the subject line without starting a new topic.

Malcolm.