moderated Re: Rejecting messages without a subject line #suggestion

Thomas Gruber

Hi,
If they can send emails then they should be able to enter a subject. That‘s not a groups.io thing really, that‘s just good behavior in email traffic. I think a rejection is appropriate. And if I was a group owner I also wouldn’t want to receive emails without subject.
Or if you want to be really generous, a warning reply - like „please don‘t send emails without subject“ - and accept the message anyway.
Thomas

Am 23.05.2020 um 17:11 schrieb J_Catlady <j.olivia.catlady@...>:

Given the bouncing if sent via email, I feel even more strongly that owner messages without a subject should be allowed. These are potentially coming from people completely unfamiliar with the group or even groups.io.

However, I agree that the issue of hashtags qualifying as subjects in group messages needs to be fixed.