moderated Re: The ability to resize all uploaded Photos, or even a a single Photo #suggestion

txercoupemuseum.org

My groups are much the same.  We need this also; as, undoubtedly untold “free” (or will be “free” come fall) groups.  So “Me too”!

WRB

—

On May 21, 2020, at 6:33 PM, paul fox <pgf@...> wrote:

I'm going to paraphrase a bit of a thread from GMF that occurred in November 2019.  ("Resizing photos?")  At the time, it was suggested that I wait until after all of the Yahoo transfer churn had settled down, and then post this to beta.  So here I am.

The issue for me (and similarly for others, if I search for "photo resize" in GMF) is this:  I'm a relatively new co-owner of a group that was started 7 years ago, and as a result of our recently hitting the free storage limit (1G plus a very generous .4G overage) I've realized that no one had ever set up resize-on-upload for images.  So we have a relatively small number of huge images consuming our space.

I'd love to be able to do a resize on all images, but the steps to do so manually involve downloading, resizing, deleting the original, uploading, and then reverting it to the original owner (if its an admin doing the work).  For each and every oversize image. The idea of doing this for an entire Photos collection is daunting, to say the least.

It would be great to have a way (either with a UI button, or a request to an uber-admin) to resize an entire Photos collection.

Next best would be to have a "Resize" button on the photo Edit page, which would eliminate most of the drudgery described above.  It might default to resizing to the group max upload size, and of course it would never increase an image's size.

Thanks for maybe considering this!
_._,_._,_