moderated Re: Messages contain CC:group even with ReplyTo=sender and "Remove other options" #bug

Malcolm Austen

On Tue, 19 May 2020 11:14:45 +0100, Jeremy H via groups.io <jeremygharrison=yahoo.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:

What I suggested, with which Jim agrees, is - as a response a question from Mark (above) - that it always be added to messages (e-mails) going through Groups.io, an eye catcher that indicates something specific has happened, that the message has passed through, and hence finally arrived from, Groups.io - something relatively meaningful for most users, and a useful indicator that it might need to responded to 'differently'.
No, very strongly no. That change would mean that a mail client that auto-added address book entries would end up with an entry saying:

"Malcolm Austen via groups.io" <my personal@address>

in their contact list and then be misguided into thinking that anything to that address would send via groups.io, which it obviously would not.

It's the users or their mail clients that are 'broken', groups.io is fine.

Or are you suggesting munging the actual email address as well, in which case I'd like to record a double 'No' vote.

Keep safe, Malcolm.

--
Malcolm Austen <@malcolma>