moderated Re: Messages contain CC:group even with ReplyTo=sender and "Remove other options" #bug

Duane

On Mon, May 18, 2020 at 05:07 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
I would like to get a better idea of how serious this issue is. Which email clients do this?
As far as I know, only Thunderbird (TB) is a problem, but they released a patch a few years ago to restore the previous (honor Reply-To) action.  The problem is, their original change defaulted to ignore the Reply-To header when there was a List-Post header, a major change from standard practice.  Rather than revert that and make a proper fix for the problem they were trying to solve, they released the patch that requires each user to implement it if they want it.

This is related to the previous topic https://beta.groups.io/g/main/topic/7558487 where List-Post was added, removed, and then added back for some circumstances.  Unfortunately, I think it's that last addition that is causing a problem for Jim because his users are using the TB standard setup and haven't implemented the setting available in the patch.