locked Re: First Impressions of Groups.io

On 6 November 2014 23:30, Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:
I'd definitely 'like' (yuck yuck) to add likes as well. I forgot to include that in the roadmap.

Hi Mark,

Good. I've got a Yahoo group for which I created a parallel Facebook Group. My intention was for people to tinker with FB to see if they liked it. The FB group now gets much more traffic and has attracted twice the membership. One reason is that the few "generators of information" are encouraged by the "like" feedback - they know that their efforts have not been in vain. Whereas they could generate​ an enormously useful post on Yahoo but become totally discouraged by the feeling that no-one had read or appreciated it.

An allied reason is that not everyone is totally proficient in the use of the words; some far prefer to make a one-word comment or tick a "like" button than embark on a piece of deathless prose…

regards,
Ian