moderated Re: Messages contain CC:group even with ReplyTo=sender and "Remove other options" #bug

Andy Wedge

On Tue, Mar 31, 2020 at 05:10 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
Now, to what I think you're asking: is there a way to disable Reply All in email clients. I think the answer is yes, if I re-write the To line in messages so that, instead of being the group email address, the To line is the recipient of the email message. Then the group email address would not appear anywhere in the message headers and Reply All would not send the message to the group. But, I think this would make it very difficult for someone to determine if a message they received was sent to them via the group or just by someone replying to a message the person originally sent to the group. I think this would be confusing. Thoughts?
Being able to determine that a message came from the group rather than direct from another person can give a level of confidence in the authenticity of the message and I would not want to lose that.

Andy