moderated Re: NC Status Clarification #bug

Yes, agree with Duane, I just replied before seeing this. It’s nothing to do with their “account” being logged into groups.io as an account.

On May 11, 2020, at 4:14 AM, Duane <txpigeon@...> wrote:

On Mon, May 11, 2020 at 05:56 AM, Chris Jones wrote:
what purpose is served by "Logged in" appearing in any membership application? It would seem to be (at best) irrelevant.
It should more correctly be labeled something like "Accessing the web from".  It was this information, a couple of months ago, that allowed group owners to determine that there were unscrupulous characters attempting to join a large number of groups.  When a group is mainly for local people, it makes no sense when someone from Timbuktu, Mali attempts to join a group in Aberdeen, Scotland.  This bit of information is a tool that group owners can use in their arsenal against the 'bad guys'.  It's not perfect since it only applies to those that are online when applying for membership, but every little bit helps.