moderated Re: Reporting a pending subscriber #misc

Michael Pavan

On May 5, 2020, at 6:02 PM, Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:

Hi All,

For those of you with restricted groups, if I added a feature where you could report someone who had applied to your group that you thought was a spammer, would you use that feature?
Yes, I would use it.

It should only be available to Owner and/or Moderators,
perhaps only those Moderators with "Approve Pending Messages", "Approve Pending Members", and/or "Ban Members", and perhaps "Remove Members" privileges.

It would filter up to something system wide.
A register of how recently reported, how many reports or groups reporting and over what time span.

Also number of groups it is a member of and for how long - this might help evaluate how seriously to regard these reports of applicants who would be spammers.

Are there other tools I could provide to help weed these jerks out?

(fully acknowledging that this would only be one signal in evaluating if someone was a spammer).