moderated Re: Reporting a pending subscriber #misc

I think each of us tends to look at our groups from our own groups’ perspective. Groups run the gamut from laissez faire which pretty much run themselves to strictly controlled and restrictive and everything in between. Interaction with group members ranges from engaged community to”my way or the highway”.  What constitutes spam, depending on our perspective, ranges from someone plugging their business to sending unwanted porn to scraping the group for personal information. As mentioned already, what’s spam in one group is perfectly acceptable in another.
I fail to see how we can expect Mark to protect us from any and all. negative aspects of the internet with the click of a button given the huge variety of possibilities and the enormous scope of GIO. I tend to feel personally responsible for my groups and never expected them to exist in a perfectly safe bubble.

Patti