moderated Re: Reporting a pending subscriber #misc

Chris Jones

On Wed, May 6, 2020 at 03:30 PM, John Pearce wrote:
But waiting a week would defeat the purpose of reporting to groups.io
Not necessarily, IMHO. Flagging up too soon might well result in so many false positives that it risks swamping Groups.io with potentially innocent applicants.

FWIW we (i.e. the Group I co - own) seem to get a significant number of apparently innocent applications who never provide an answer to the Pending Subscription message, even if a reminder is sent. As in your case they are allowed to "age out"; it may not catch them at spamming but it certainly prevents them spamming - at least on our Group! Mind you as a nearly fully moderated group they wouldn't get very far anyway...

Chris