moderated Re: Reporting a pending subscriber #misc

John Pearce

I would use it and a tool that I could use help determine if it's a spammer before reporting to you.  I have had many such attempts to join beginning with all those aol users, but that was more easily recognized as word spread on this group and the simple user name generation.  More recent attempts have been less recognizable.  The only way I have with more certainty is to wait for the pending member request to age out of our restricted group.  After 7 days have gone by it's a good bet that it will age out at 14 days.  But waiting a week would defeat the purpose of reporting to groups.io

Thanks
John