moderated Re: Reporting a pending subscriber #misc

Duane

On Tue, May 5, 2020 at 05:03 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
if I added a feature where you could report someone who had applied to your group that you thought was a spammer, would you use that feature?
At first glance, that sounds like a great idea.  After thinking about it a bit, I'm not so sure.  One concern is that some legitimate applicants may get reported based on the patterns of previous attempts we've seen.  And as Bruce mentioned, it can be difficult to tell while they're still pending.  Maybe it would be more applicable to have an action button on the member record to report it.  I just hope that if the option is added that it won't be abused by group owners.