moderated Re: Reporting a pending subscriber #misc

Larry Finch

Hi, Mark;

I manage this in the listserv groups I admininster by not automatically removing a first poster from moderation. I wait until they have made additional posts, each of which is reviewed and approved if it is real. If they they truly belong they are removed from moderation. I used to manage my Yahoo groups the same way. Is there an easy way to do that with gio?

Keep well,
Larry

On Tue, May 5, 2020 at 6:03 PM Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:
Hi All,

For those of you with restricted groups, if I added a feature where you could report someone who had applied to your group that you thought was a spammer, would you use that feature? It would filter up to something system wide. Are there other tools I could provide to help weed these jerks out?

(fully acknowledging that this would only be one signal in evaluating if someone was a spammer).

--
Larry Finch

N 40° 53' 50"
W 74° 02' 55"