moderated Re: Reporting a pending subscriber #misc

Sarah k Alawami

Oh heck yes, I would use this even on nonrestricted groups. I will not tolerate spammer, and they should be band from the whole of groups.io, right down to their IP although that might be a bit extreme. But we've got to get rid of those idiots once and for all.

On 5 May 2020, at 15:02, Mark Fletcher wrote:

Hi All,

For those of you with restricted groups, if I added a feature where you could report someone who had applied to your group that you thought was a spammer, would you use that feature? It would filter up to something system wide. Are there other tools I could provide to help weed these jerks out?

(fully acknowledging that this would only be one signal in evaluating if someone was a spammer).