moderated Re: Reporting a pending subscriber #misc

Joseph Hudson

Hi Mark, yes I would definitely use such a feature. I think just in case if they apply with a valid email address and valid name and they start spamming the group with messages, for those of us that do not approve messages I would like to also see that we have a button that we can hit on their membership that would report them for spamming the group after they have been approved. It would be a such as approved the member, see what they do, and then report and remove that way that it is brought to your attention.

On May 5, 2020, at 5:02 PM, Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:

Hi All,

For those of you with restricted groups, if I added a feature where you could report someone who had applied to your group that you thought was a spammer, would you use that feature? It would filter up to something system wide. Are there other tools I could provide to help weed these jerks out?

(fully acknowledging that this would only be one signal in evaluating if someone was a spammer).