moderated Re: FW: [GMF] Spammer attacking multiple groups #misc

On Tue, May 5, 2020 at 1:57 PM Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@...> wrote:

I think you might want to do something about this, as it’s been happening to several lists.

I had already disabled this account this morning, along with 5 other accounts for the same thing. This person subscribes to a bunch of groups, sends an innocuous initial message to get past any NMM setting, and then sends out their spam message (all via the website, which strikes me as very labor intensive).

Someone who had received one of the mask messages via a group unhelpfully and deliberately reported it to our hosting provider as spam.

I need to figure out additional measures to try to curtail this from happening in the future. Sigh.