moderated Re: Welcome message delivered to NC members #bug

On Mon, May 4, 2020 at 05:46 AM, Duane wrote:
After confirming your email address this way, you do still need to verify that you want to join a group if you apply via email, but the pending/accepted member will not be NC.
Nevertheless, if this is the first group someone is joining, and that group happens to be a premium restricted group, the group can confirm the member (INCLUDING removing the NC) by approving their membership. I have been arguing for some time that this should be true also for non-premium groups, because - as Shal implicitly argues in this thread - once a group approves someone's membership, that should also confirm them.

The fact that NC stands for "not confirmed," yet does not display even when a member HAS confirmed their interest in a second group, makes the situation even worse. 's the language that's the problem in this detail. It may even have been leading to a situation reported here as a bug recently (I think by you?) where the NC has not been appearing even though the member has not confirmed.

The entire NC display and confirmation process, including the language, is in need of a major overhaul IMO.