moderated Re: Welcome message delivered to NC members #bug

I agree with Duane. My point was that in essence, Shal is arguing that restricted groups should be allowed to confirm their members upon approval, but without removing the N.C. That’s like trying to have it both ways. Either let non-premium restricted groups confirm their own members upon approval, as premium groups do, including removing the N.C., or treat unconfirmed members in every way as if they’re not yet in the group, which is the whole idea behind confirmation (I.e., don’t make them privy to member information until they’re confirned(.

Confirmation is not strictly a function of the account if the member applies to a group via email. They still have to confirm in that case, even if they already have an account.

On May 3, 2020, at 7:44 PM, Duane <txpigeon@...> wrote:

On Sun, May 3, 2020 at 08:28 PM, J_Catlady wrote:
There exist restricted groups with no real restrictions - that is, the group is technically restricted and needs to approve memberships, but actually accepts any email address that applies. In those cases the welcome message should not go to out to NC members. And of course it should not go out to NC members in non-restricted groups, either.
I don't see that it makes any difference.  The NC is related to their account, not their membership.  If they become a member, automatically (unrestricted) or approved (restricted), it should be sent to them.  I do see where it makes no sense to send it (on either type of group) if they haven't confirmed their email address though.