moderated Re: Welcome message delivered to NC members #bug

On Sun, May 3, 2020 at 06:08 PM, Shal Farley wrote:
If the group is restricted and you've approved the membership request (or if the group is unrestricted) then I think the question of whether they should be privy to the group's messages, including its welcome message, has already been answered in the affirmative by your approval of their membership request.
And by the way, this  ^^^ just bolsters my previous argument that restricted groups should automatically confirm members when they approve them, rather than having it be a premium feature:
https://beta.groups.io/g/main/topic/72079353

Either restricted groups should automatically confirm members upon their approval, OR, if not, the NC members should not receive the welcome message or anything else that bona fide, confirmed members are privy to.