moderated Re: Welcome message delivered to NC members #bug

J,

I don't remember whether I've already reported this as a bug, but the
welcome message is going out to NC members, which should not happen.
Can you clarify a point for me, are these members or pending members?

That is, if you have a restricted group and you haven't approved their membership yet then I agree, NC status should not cause the Welcome to go out before approval.

If the group is restricted and you've approved the membership request (or if the group is unrestricted) then I think the question of whether they should be privy to the group's messages, including its welcome message, has already been answered in the affirmative by your approval of their membership request.

Shal