From: Laurence Taylor [mailto:g7mzh@...]
Sent: Tuesday, November 04, 2014 10:08 AM
To: beta@groups.io
Subject: Re: [beta] about messages from non-members

On 04/11/2014 01:03, J. Faulkner wrote:
Mark, since all groups aren’t used as discussion groups, so to speak,
I would like for you to keep something in mind. I moderate a group
that is a buying and selling group.

1) All messages submitted as ads and they are pended for approve my
the moderator. Once that message is approved and posts on the group,
from then on the discussions is between the seller and potential buyer
personally. So the potential buyer will do a reply in the group to
the seller to discuss things. Same thing if they are sending the
message through their email program. At no time, does that
conversation appear on the group again.
This sounds like the "Reply to Sender" option (as opposed to "Reply to List"). Does Groups.Io have this facility?

2) All members are
pended for approval until that member provides specific information to
the group name_owner@.... I then approve or deny that
request. No members can join by sending an email request where they
would automatically be approved as a member.
I think this was a bug in Yahoo groups whereby joining by email could bypass the approval process. Mark, do you have the means to send a prepared file to applicants, regardless of how they join or apply to join?

3) All photos are posted
by sellers of items they had submitted an ad for. They have to
provide required information on each photo that is done by posting the
photo, click Edit and then adding the information on the two available
lines below the photo.
I don't follow this; it sounds like you're using specific software to do that. Can't they just send the photo with their post? (Or are the photos stored separately from the posts?)

Thanks for all the work you have already done on this new venture.
Seconded.

--
rgds
LAurence