moderated Re: Member Data Improvements request #suggestion

John Wirtz SF

I’m no database developer but un-defined fields could cause problems as they would be likely contain incompatible data from group to group, i.e. numbers, text, etc.

Normally, when setting up field properties, it is wise to specify the type of field content.

My rationale is that most people will be happy to supply First and Lastnames along with their email addresses.  Anymore then that (addresses etc) become more controversial from a data protection point of view.

The “mandatory” is easy,.  In the field properties, one can set an option to not a allow a ZERO VALUE.  Just needs a toggle to switch it on or off in line with the group owner’s preference.

Anyway, over to the developers….

John
SFSS Group

.