moderated Re: Site updates #changelog

Thomas Gruber

Hi Andy,
My understanding of „new group home page“ is that this change is only applied to new groups - i.e. any groups created from today onwards.
I can imagine that some group owners wouldn‘t want their existing home pages to be changed automatically.
Let‘s see what Mark says.

Thomas

Am 04.04.2020 um 14:05 schrieb Andy Wedge <andy_wedge@...>:

On Sat, Apr 4, 2020 at 12:27 PM, Duane wrote:
No, it doesn't.  It says the change was made to "the new group home page" which hasn't been rolled out to any group other than beta.
The way it reads to me is that the change has been rolled out so that it now looks the same as beta. If it is just a change to beta, I don't see the point on including that on a general release note which is also posted on the Updates group which is the 'Official announcement group for updates to the Groups.io service' (taken from the group homepage) and has 1.25 million members. Purely from a business point of view, it doesn't make sense to do that.

In the past, other changes have been made just on beta and those of us in the group have had chance to test them before they are rolled out to all and included on the changelog.

Andy