moderated Re: Markdown Support #suggestion

On Sun, Mar 29, 2020 at 05:00 PM, Bill Costa wrote:
Perhaps starting the body of a plain text message with a first
line of ".markdown", or something similar, to signal that the text
should be poured though the markdown filter before posting and
storage?
I just wanted to note that it seems to be a common thing that a text entry starting with "%md" (without the quotes) indicates that text should be treated as Markdown. I checked the RFCs but don't see any reference to that, so that's why I'm saying it just seems to be common practice rather than a standard. For example, starting a message with:

%md ##This message is in **Markdown**!

would cause the message to be interpreted in Markdown. That's one option.

JohnF