moderated Re: Terminology change #update

dave w

On Mon, Mar 30, 2020 at 03:48 AM, Bruce Bowman wrote:
Is the next step to change Subscription to Membership on the left-side menu bar?

Personally, I think we're getting a little carried away with all this.
I agree with you Bruce.
Subscription is a verb, it is a process one is enacting- once applied you become a 'member'. Problem solved- or at least less confusing, no reason subcriber (act of subscribing/ applying) isn't clear as same issue. A temporary or transitional clarity is good. Whether said 'person' is them a subscriber (noun) or a member is clear once the act is performed.
Don't throw baby out with the bath water,
cheers dave