locked Re: Bugfix Friday #changelog

Judy F.

Jim, why couldn’t it have been a calendar invite and the problem was with one email address?  You are missing my point, using the same word for two different things is confusing especially if an owner/moderator are new and aren’t familiar with all of these discussions.    

That’s like saying I like coffee and I also like coffee.  I am using the word coffee for tea also. 

Judy F.

SW Florida - USA

Sent: Friday, April 03, 2015 9:22 PM
To: beta@groups.io
Subject: Re: [beta] Bugfix Friday #changelog

On 3 Apr 2015 at 19:25, Mark Fletcher wrote:

> Bug fixing today:

> *   Fixed an issue with invites where the invite was sent to an email address and the

>     user had registered with the same email address but the capitalization of the email

>     address wasn't the same. (Needed to do a case-insensitive compare).

On 3 Apr 2015 at 21:01, J. Faulkner wrote:

> Was this ‘invite’ for an invitation to join the group or the ‘invite’ that is for a calendar

> entry?  This is what I’m talking about by using the same terminology for two totally

> different things.  I don’t know which one it is for. 

I think it's apparent that it's not a calendar entry because the discussion is about a single email address. 

I can understand that you might have a problem with the same word being used for differenet features, but I think in this context it's pretty clear which one it is.

--

Jim

Poston@...

<<               'A good traveler leaves no track.' -LAO TZU-                >>

Join main@beta.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.