Edit a wiki page, make no change, then Save is logged as a change and an identical revision is created #bug

I don't know what the standard for wiki revision logs is, but the situation here is that if someone clicks Edit Page, makes no changes, and clicks Save Page, their activity is recorded as "edited wiki page" and a new revision is created that's identical to the prior one. This is a PITA when you try to determine what changes someone has made and can't find the green-highlighted text - because there isn't any. It seems to me that if no changes are made, nothing should be recorded - no log entry that they edited and no new (but identical) revision.