moderated #bug Gio iCal feed errors making GCal mad #bug #fixed

Dave Huseby <dhuseby@...>

Hello,

The Hyperledger community uses Groups.io for all of our mailing lists and community managed calendars. We like to use the .ics feeds from groups.io to populate a GCal plugin on our Confluence wiki. We're finding that GCal fails to render all of the events in the feed. I ran our iCal feed through an ics validator and found tons of errors:

After checking with the ics standard ( https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5545 ) it seems like the feed rendered by Groups.io is formatted correctly but the dates in the DTSTART and DTEND parameters seem way off (2017 and 2018). I suspect that the errors are what is causing GCal to refuse to render all of our events but there doesn't seem to be a pattern in that GCal doesn't like.

I would appreciate any help you can give us because we're facing the prospect of migrating back to GCal if we can't fix this soon.

Cheers!
---
David Huseby
Security Maven, Hyperledger