moderated Re: Please allow non-premium groups to "confirm" new members #suggestion

Well we shouldn't be. For the record, I asked for that feature years ago for premium groups, based on the fact that essentially, premium groups already confirm their own members since they can DirectAdd them. But the confirmation process is unnecessary in *any* restricted group, since the group has to approve members anyway. That should be sufficient. It may be listed explicitly as a premium group feature now, but I think that's wrong. What confirmation does is create a headache for everyone else. It's like advertising that "in a premium group, you won't be bothered with this annoyance." I think that is very wrong.

Bottom line, at this point I don't care personally because we're almost done getting the whole block into the group, after much ado. We are inherently limited in membership and will not have to go through this again.But other non-premium groups do. And they should not have to.

My two cents.

On Thu, Mar 19, 2020 at 7:48 PM Duane <txpigeon@...> wrote:
On Thu, Mar 19, 2020 at 09:33 PM, J_Catlady wrote:
We're not really talking about a premium feature.
Yes, we are.  "Edit email addresses & confirm members" is clearly labeled as a feature of a Premium/Enterprise group on the pricing page.