moderated Re: Please allow non-premium groups to "confirm" new members #suggestion

Exactly! I've complained about the text of the confirmation email many times before. It says to click to "complete your membership." In the case of a restricted group with a questionnaire, it does not complete the membership. But worse yet is that it tends to get lost into some sort of black hole, or spam, or whatever. People tend not to be able to even find it, which necessitates end runs around the system to try to contact them, explain the whole thing, etc. I think that in a restricted group, membership approval should be enough to confirm the member. Period.

On Thu, Mar 19, 2020 at 2:55 PM Michael Pavan <michaelpavan@...> wrote:
The text of the Groups.io Confirmation message leads many applicants to believe they only need to respond to 1 email.

| Hello,

| If you did not request - or do not want - a subscription to this group, please accept our apologies and ignore this message.
|

| Cheers,
| The Groups.io Team

> On Mar 19, 2020, at 4:04 PM, J_Catlady <j.olivia.catlady@...> wrote:
>
> telling people they have to respond to TWO emails,

It would help if it were revised to say something like:

Thank you for your interest in Groups.io and the group GROUPNAME@groups.io.

1) To confirm your Groups.io account, please reply to this email.
   (This only confirms you can and want to receive messages from Groups.io at this email address)

If you did not request - or do not want - a subscription to this group, please accept our apologies and ignore this message.

Better yet, if it is for a restricted group with an active Pending Member message, it could say:
2) The group GROUPNAME@groups.io may require you reply to an additional email "<Pending Member message Subject>"